Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Saturday, March 31, 2012
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012
Saturday, March 10, 2012
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
I really should be posting new stuff. I really, really should. This is about improoooovement for me, not old stuff! But.... still.... so... tired....
Taken on Malawi soil!
I love this one, I really do. My immediate family hates it, and instantly squashes my fruitless dreams of pasting it all over our newsletters, hallways, and desktop backgrounds. He looks sad though, doesn't he? His eyes tell a story, which is the best thing a photographer can do, I think. There's a lot of emotion and beauty there, and I think every good photo should stir at least one emotion.
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Saturday, February 11, 2012
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Saturday, February 4, 2012
Recently, I got smacked with another severe intolerance; Fructose. Making me not only gluten intolerant, Pah! Oh no! Imagine taking the Atkins and No Sugar diet all at the same time. I'm starting to feel a bit like a POW now. Bottom line, I have to learn to cook.
I loathe cooking. Cooking sucks.
And so at the moment, The Endearing Mother is dragging a reluctant moody adolescant into a world of math, science, and patience. And, patience, science, and math aside, it's not too bad. :)
Seeing as all things commercially made are off limits to me, Mom and I decided the first priority on our edible list was to construct something to show to me that commercial-free didn't have to be repulsive. These little guys were delicious. Not particularly sure where Mom got the recipe, but I wrote it down below for any curious hungry somebodies.
Taste; mousse meets death by chocolate
Texture; Extremely airy chocolate cake/mousse
Served; usually with a dollop of whip cream, pref. cold
- 9 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, finely chopped
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- lightly sweetened whip cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange 4 1 cup ovenproof coffee cups or mugs in a baking or roasting pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in double botler set over barely simmering water. Whisk occasionally until liquid and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Stir eggs and sugar together in a mixing bowl, then set bowl over simmering water. Stir until warm to touch.
- Remove from heat, beat egg mixture with electric beater until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Gently pour egg mixture into chocolate mixture and mix until egg mixture dissapears.
- Spoon batter into selected cups/mugs. Add enough hot water to baking pan to come halfway up the sides of the cups. Bake in oven until the chocolate's top looses it's glossy finish, about 15 to 20 minutes. Carefully remove cups/mugs from water filled pan.
- Serve warm or room temperature with a generous dallop of whipped cream if desired. Puddings may be refrigerated up to 1 day at a time.
- To reheat, bring to room temp. and set in 350 degree until warm. (About a 5 minute wait.)